Q: sq. ft. of cover
- I bought two units of Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier to use in my basement. One is used in a room that is 20 X30 and the other is probable 15 X 30. The smaller room has a washer and dryer in it. The unit keep the humidity at 45 percent without having to run all of the time. I am very happy with their performance.
- We have a 5 bedroom house. We have all the ceiling fans on to circulate the air even in the upstairs hallway. We have the dehumidifier downstairs since water settles downward. It has done a good job. The only negative we see is that the unit blows a lot of hot air which makes the room a little warmer. We change the water 2 to 3 times a day. We have 2,600 sq. ft. Hope this answers your question.
- I use this in my house basement-28X20,and I do not have it on high,and it takes out the moisture to keep basement in comfort zone ( I use a small Hunnewell humidity gauge near machine); mine has a hose connected (easily attached), and water rubs outside. You will be very happy with it, if you don't have a WET basement.
- This model specifies rooms up to 14oo sq. ft I have it covering 1000 sq. ft and it is very effective.
• Energy Star 70 pints per day dehumidifier for rooms up to 1400 sq. ft.
• Protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture
• SpaceWise design includes top handle, integrated side handles and caster wheels
• Helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult
• Antibacterial mesh filter reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles
SELECTION A LOCATION OTHER SPECIFICATIONS
1. Dehumidifier must be operated in an enclosed area to be most effective. Close all doors, windows, and other outside openings to the room. The effectiveness of the dehumidifier depends on the rate at which new moisture-laden air enters the room.
2. Place dehumidifier in a location that does not restrict airflow through the front of the unit or out of the louvers on the left side of cabinet.
3. A dehumidifier operating in a basement will have little or no effect in drying an adjacent enclosed storage area, such as a closet, unless there is adequate circulation of air in and out of the area. lt may be necessary to install a second dehumidifier in the enclosed area for satisfactory drying.
4. The dehumidifier must be installed on a level floor that will support it with a full bucket of water.
5. There should be a minimum of 12 inches clearance around the dehumidifier.